Why Travel To Egypt?
Only here can you see the last existing Ancient Wonder of the World, lounge on year-round sunny beaches and find treasures in bazaars dating back to the 14th Century. Much of the world’s history has been lost to the proverbial sands of time, but what remains has been distilled in countries like Egypt.
Egypt is known for its chaotic pace of urban life, for heated haggling and undulating smoke wafting from shishas. Here, you don’t just read about history in textbooks. You experience it in real life, walking the same paths Pharoahs did, and gazing upon priceless relics like Tutankhamun’s gilded burial mask. It’s the backbone of Egyptian tourism and, along with religion and geography, has crafted cuisine that’s as diverse as it is delicious. Whether it’s culture, history, food or sunshine, Egypt over-delivers. This is a holiday destination worthy of being top of your travel list.
Looking for a longer trip? See the back-to-back routes below!
Need to know
Solo Female Travel
Must Eat Dishes
- Kushari: carbs topped with tomato sauce, friend onions, garlic, and lemon
- Fiteer baladi: ancient recipe flatbread
- Ful wa ta’meya: falafel done the Egyptian way
- Feteer: flakey pastry
- Watching the sun set over the Pyramids
- Sailing down the Nile on a felucca
- Walking up to the incredible Abu Simbel
- Swimming and diving along the coast
- Pyramids of Giza
- Valley of the Kings
- Temples of Luxor
- The Nile River