Why Travel To Cuba?
Cuba has long been considered a place to visit if you wanted to travel back in time — where McDonald’s and Starbucks don’t exist, where WiFi is a rarity, and where 1950s cars still sputter through the streets. And while the country still holds that romanticism (you won’t find a Big Mac anywhere), it’s a country that’s also clearly on the cusp of a new era. Casa particulars and restaurants operated by locals rather than the government have opened Cuban culture to visitors in a way that’s never been accessible before.
Sultry and seductive, passionate and political, Cuba is a magnetic place that’s unlike anywhere else on Earth. But its rawness, shaped by decades of political turmoil and isolation, has left it too-often misunderstood. When we visit, we direct all our efforts to supporting the local people while experiencing the real Cuba beyond the resort walls. You’ll see socialism and its effects with your own eyes, while doing your part to support everyday people.
Must Eat Dishes
- Ropa Vieja: probably Cuba’s most famous dish, shredding beef simmered in tomato sauce and served with rice and fried plantains – beef lovers come running.
- Guava basted ribs: beautiful braised ribs smothered in loads of guava barbecue sauce.
- Vaca frita: A perfectly tender skirt steak cooked with fresh herbs and spices
- Get Instagrammable windswept hair as you ride a classic car ride down Havana’s historic Malecón
- Learn about the country’s most iconic product, Cuban cigars, directly from a local tobacco farmer
- Like a scene from “Dirty Dancing Havana Nights”, master the steps to salsa and dance the night away.
- Bay of Pigs
- Classic Havana
- UNESCO Heritage site, Trinidad
Need to know
Solo Female Travel
Cuba has its own set of challenges for any traveler and luckily safety for women specifically is not one of them. With little to no access to wifi, no public transportation, and multiple currencies where US credit cards don’t work, there can be a lot of manage. Cuba is a place you should be prepared for so you can maximize your time. When you travel with us, we will walk you through all of the intricacies that make this country a little extra challenging but also completely incredible.