Egypt Meetup Tour
We learned about Ancient Egypt in school- growing up day dreaming about mummies, pyramids, temples, and the Nile River. The Egypt Meetup Tour is nothing short of everything that younger you could have dreamed.
Dive deep into Egypt’s rich history while your textbooks come alive right in front of you. Enjoy the perfect mix of history, luxury, and culture all while eating the best Egyptian food a girl can ask for. From learning hieroglyphics and sailing the Nile to coming face to face with King Ramses III’s mummy, you will never forget your time in in the magical land of Egypt.
Share this tour
Visit mystical Valley of the Kings with both a history lesson and solo time.
We’ll have an Egyptologist tour guide for the entire journey.
Enjoy a sunset from a Felucca sailboat on the Nile River
Feast on a home cooked Nubian meal on the Nile’s West Bank.
Relax on the shores of the Red Sea
Wander through Egypt’s most famous ancient temples
Cairo Airport Pickup
Cairo Great Pyramids
Floating on the Nile
Hurghada – Cairo
Saying Farewell to Egypt
Behind the Scenes of this Tour
We love to share our Meetup Tours on social media, and you might already be following us on Instagram. One of our SoFe ambassadors recently went on our Meetup Tour in Egypt and covered the whole experience for us on Instagram. To get a glimpse into what it is really like on our Egypt Meetup Tour, go behind the scenes with our Instagram story highlight!
Our accommodation is hand-picked to give you the best combination of comfort, location, and style. These are photos from our collection of favorite hotels and resorts to give you a sense of the accommodation you can expect with us.
Steigenberger Tahrir Square
Offering a delicious breakfast, a bar inside, and a central location in the heart of the city, the Steigenberger Hotel will serve as your home base in the bustling city of Cairo.
El Nakil Hotel, Countryside Luxor
Tucked away in the countryside, you will be greeted by smiling locals and waving kids as you make your way to this little hotel. The rooms are simple, but clean and comfortable, the grounds are gorgeous, and the food is some of the best we’ve ever had in Egypt.
Desert Rose All-Inclusive Resort
Located right next to the Red Sea, this resort features several different restaurants, a full-service spa, multiple bars + entertainment areas, three swimming pools to choose from, and more. This oasis will give you the repireve and relaxation you need after a busy Meetup Tour in Egypt.
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Certified Egyptologist Guide
- 10 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- Airport pickup on tour start date
- Domestic flight from Cairo to Aswan
- Local transportation
- Step Pyramid of Saqqara
- The Great Pyramids
- The Sphinx
- Egyptian Museum
- Mosque of Ibn Tulun
- Khan El Khalili Market
- Philae Temple
- Felucca sailboat ride
- Karnak Temple
- Luxor Temple
- Valley of the Kings
- Valley of the Queens
- Hatshepsut Temple
- Colossi of Memnon
- Egyptian Visa fee
- Travel insurance (mandatory for all travelers)
- Airport drop off
- Covid PCR test(s)
- Any meals not listed under inclusions
- Any optional activities
Arrival: Cairo International Airport (CAI) anytime between 8:00am and 6:00pm on tour start date
- We will will have a VIP airport transfer waiting for you at the Cairo International Airport, when arrive during the above arrival window. The transfer will take you from the airport to our group hotel in Cairo. If fellow travelers arrive around the same time, we’ll bring you to the hotel together.
Departure: Cairo International Airport (CAI) anytime after 10:00am on tour end date
- Please note: SoFe will help travelers leaving Egypt secure a PCR test appointment, as needed. Currently, appointments are scheduled in the afternoon of day 10. If you leave before 10:00am on day 11, your PCR test results may not be ready in time. Please book your flight according to the times above.
- A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot earlier than 60 days before departure, you can apply your payment to any trip within the next year.
- No refunds on deposits.
Most countries, including the USA, are able to get a visa upon arrival to Egypt. In fact, we recommend getting it on arrival because the process is straightforward and fast. With the VIP service that we have arranged for our travelers, our airport escort will walk you through the entire process.
All you need to get an Egyptian visa on arrival is your passport, $25 USD in cash, and your negative COVID test. The rest is super simple. If you are not a US passport holder, please check to be sure your country qualifies for a visa upon arrival, but the majority of them do.
Last updated May 11, 2022
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Egypt. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
- All travelers entering Egypt must fill out the digital health certificate form. Once you have filled this out, you will be emailed a QR code which you will show to the airlines during check in.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are not required to take Covid test prior to departure SO LONG AS they have a digital copy of their vaccine certification with a scannable QR code. Your vaccine must be one of the approved vaccines below. Here is a guide for assistance in converting your vaccine card to a QR code.
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Sputnik V
- If you do not have a scannable QR code showing your vaccine certificate or you have a vaccine not approved in Egypt, then you must be in possession of a negative Covid-19 PCR test. You must take the test within 72 hours of your flight departure time.
- Mask wearing indoors in Egypt is currently mandatory. The Egyptian government requires medical masks, including N95, FPP2 and standard medical masks. Please bring several as you may be required to wear them when inside.
- SoFe Travel requires all travelers be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Read more about our Covid policies here.
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Although we jam pack our itinerary with amazing Egypt attractions and sightseeing, we do leave some free time to travel and explore on your own. If you are interested in adding on optional activities, we offer three great excursions which you can reserve in advance during your booking.
Sunrise Hot Air Balloon
For an experience unlike any others, admire the ancient temples of Luxor from the air. You’ll appreciate stunning mountain and Nile views while the warm sunrise colors create lovely ambiance to start your day.
Departure time: 4:30am
If there was one optional excursion you shouldn’t miss, it is Abu Simbel! These two massive rock-cut temples were cut into a mountainside by ancient Egyptians. The towering statues of Rames II are incredible to behold.
Departure time: 4:30am
Snorkel or Scuba
One of the world’s most renowned places for scuba diving and snorkeling is the Red Sea, thanks to it’s abundant and colorful coral reefs. This half-day excursion is open to beginners and includes two dive locations.
Departure time: 8:00am
What our travelers say
This tour was epic in every way
“This was my 2nd solo trip with SoFe. I initially went to Bali and because that tour was so good I decided to go to Egypt meetup and I am so happy that I did. This tour was EPIC. I am even planning on going on this same tour again to experience it all over again!” Aihee R. | Egypt & Bali
This trip was everything and more
“I’m 100% going to book another trip, although this one will be hard to beat. This trip was everything and more I could ever ask for. I saw places I only ever saw in photos, experienced “Egyptian Hospitality” first hand, had stereotypes of the middle east shattered, watched the sunrise over the Sahara, swam in the Nile AND the Red Sea, and danced to the sound of Nubian drums on a felucca at sunset on the Nile. How could a girl ever ask for more? This trip was the perfect blend of history and education, culture, great food, bucket list items completed, and topped off with even better company.” Dani B. | Egypt
The Egypt SoFe trip was life-changing.
“The Egypt SoFe trip was life-changing, truly! From our amazing egyptologist guide, Sameh, to the sites and wonders of Egypt, and the amazing women that I got to meet and travel with, it was extraordinary. The experiences shared and the memories made are unparalleled and will hold a place in my heart forever. Thank you SoFe Traveler Network.” Darlyne M. | Egypt