Modern cities with an old world influence, small villages on lush hills, and the dusty ancient ruins of Petra, Jordan is small but packed with culture and beauty.
We’ll enjoy a home cooked meal in Amman and soak in the Dead Sea with glamping in Petra and much more in between. You may come for those Petra views, but you will leave having experienced so much more.
Share this tour
Learn to cook generations old recipes with a mother and daughter who welcome you to their table.
Sleep in a luxury bubble under the stars in Wadi Rum.
Spend an afternoon with a female shepherd and her flock.
Join a women’s cooperative to learn local craft traditions.
Hike the stunning Barrah Canyon.
Float in the Dead Sea.
Arrival in Amman
Amman to Petra
Bedouin Life at Petra
Wadi Rum to Dead Sea
Farewell for now
Extend Your Meetup Tour
You’ve already taken the time off of work, booked your flights and made the effort to get to the Middle East. Why not extend your stay to really maximize your experience in the region?
Have you always wanted to take a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia or explore Istanbul? Now is your chance. This itinerary can be combined with our Turkey Meetup Tour!
If you’re interested in combined tour options, reach out to email@example.com for booking assistance and special combined pricing.
A highlight of our all-women Meetup Tour in Jordan is the accommodation. We hand-select all of our hotels to find premium, unique properties perfect for our groups. Here are two of our featured stays to give you an idea of the type of places you’ll experience.
Hasan Zawaideh Camp
Surrounded by sand dunes, this glamp site offers both traditional Bedouin tents and modern geodesic domes. This is the perfect spot to see the stars and experience Bedouin hospitality. Each tent has a private bathroom and AC.
Kempinski Resort, Dead Sea
Situated on the shores 434 feet below sea level, this 5 star Dead Sea resort is the perfect place to relax after a busy few days exploring Jordan. The design pays homage to the hanging gardens of Babel. The resort features a private sandy beach and luxury spa which provides guests with an array of treatments infused with Dead Sea rich minerals.
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Local guide
- 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners
- Local transportation
- Airport pickup on day one
- All entrance fees and activities in the itinerary unless specified as optional
Specific Activity Inclusions
- Walking tour of Amman
- Women’s Co-Op Association
- Qasr Al-Bint or the Royal Tombs
- Petra Entrance Fee
- High Place of Sacrifice
- Al Khubtha Mountain
- An afternoon with a female shepherd
- Disi Women’s Cooperative
- Float in The Dead Sea
- Visa fees if applicable
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- Covid PCR test (currently mandatory to enter Jordan)
Arrival: Before 6:00pm on tour start date at Queen Alia International Airport (code: AMM)
Departure: After 6:00am on tour end date from Queen Alia International Airport (code: AMM)
We will organize an airport transfer for you anytime between 6:00am – 6:00pm on the arrival day. You will look for your driver in the arrivals hall at Queen Alia International Airport. The driver will take you to the hotel to check in.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot earlier than 60 days before departure, you can apply your payment to any trip within the next year.
- No refunds on deposits.
Most countries, including the USA, are able to visit Jordan with a tourist visa upon arrival. In fact, we recommend getting the visa on arrival because the process is straightforward and fast.
All you need to get a Jordanian visa on arrival is your passport and $40 JOD in cash, which can be withdrawn at the airport in Amman.
Last Updated May 11, 2022
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Jordan. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
- It is no longer required to bring a negative PCR test from the country of departure nor upon arrival to Jordan.
- All travelers to Jordan must fill out this compulsory check-in form, where you will be required to attach your negative PCR test results. Once you submit this form, you will be emailed a QR code, which you will need to show when checking into your flight and going through customs.
- SoFe Travel requires all travelers be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Read more about our Covid policies here.
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Behind the Scenes of this Tour
We love to share our Meetup Tours on social media, and you might already be following us on Instagram. One of our SoFe ambassadors recently went on our Meetup Tour in Jordan and covered the whole experience for us on Instagram. To get a glimpse into what it is really like on our Jordan Meetup Tour, go behind the scenes with our Instagram story highlight!
What our travelers say
Amazing sense of community
“Our tour guide Jihan was FANTASTIC!!! I mean, she went above and beyond. She literally has a special place in my heart, a truly good person. If you’re on the fence about going to Jordan with SoFe, go with them! You won’t regret it and you never know unless you try. Have fun!” — Kaleigh, December 2021
Above and Beyond my expectations
“My favorite part of this Meetup Tour was meeting local people and doing projects with them. We painted pottery and did little mosaics, while talking to them about their life. It felt like we really got to know the culture and being able to relate with other women” Debbie, December 2021
This tour is perfection!
“This tour reminded me why I founded SoFe. Connecting with women, working with our guide Jihan, seeing community and connection across culture. Jordan is truly special and this Meetup Tour is special. ” Amanda B, December 2021