⭐️ Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
⭐️ Full time
⭐️ Status: accepting applications
This role in a nutshell: Customer service + sales + tour coordination
You will guide our travelers through their experience with The Solo Female Traveler Network from beginning to end. From choosing the right travel experience for them, to booking, through all pre-trip preparation, asking for trip feedback and reporting to the team, and helping them plan their next adventure with us.
✈️ Free and discounted travel
😻 Free 24/7 access to WeWork
🕶 Awesome performance rewards
🤜🏽 Opportunity to make a big impact on a highly innovative team
Our next hire must have:
👯♀️ At least 2 years experience in customer service
🤑 An affinity and some proven success in sales/consultancy
🛺 An already experienced traveler, preferably with some solo trips
Who we are:
✨ Empowering and supporting women around the world is our mission
✨ A small but mighty team
✨ Totally obsessed with travel and creating life changing adventures
✨ Hyper-focused on community
✨ Fun, lighthearted people with huge dedication and drive
Still interested? Let’s get into it…
The Solo Female Traveler Network was founded by a solo female traveler who needed a community of her own and has grown to a global community with a worldwide following of over 500k women. Our passionate team is fueled by empowering women to travel the world by planning, organizing, and delivering unforgettable experiences on our Meetup Tours to 22 countries and counting.
At The Solo Female Traveler Network, we attribute much of the success of our tours to our amazing community. We’re searching for a qualified Traveler Happiness Expert to amplify the experience on our tours and help achieve our immediate and long-term business goals.
Your job is to obsess over the traveler – arm them with all the information they need to feel confident and empowered to travel into the unknown and to feel a part of a community that cares about them.
You will be taking calls and video chats with potential SoFe Travelers, helping them choose the best adventure for their interests and guiding them to booking. Once they have booked their spot, you will lead them through the pre-departure process- automating emails to help them feel in the loop, answering questions promptly, coordinating any extra travel details like pre-trip accommodation, creating and sending packing lists and trip itineraries, creating and engaging in private tour spaces in our network, collecting necessary information and documents, processing trip transfers and payments in our booking system, and being available to help our guides handle any emergencies on tour. Once the tour is over, you will collect feedback and reviews and report to the team.
Some of your tasks will include providing necessary traveler information to our guides and operators and suggesting itinerary edits.
The ideal candidate is able to anticipate and offer solutions to travelers’ needs while being friendly and professional, is comfortable digging into fine details, and enjoys a fun, but challenging work environment. You must be an organized multitasker with a huge penchant for details, excellent communication skills, and customer service prowess. A passion for travel is a must.
- Understand traveler’s needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Help reduce traveler’s fear, stress, and anxiety about traveling alone to a foreign country
- Become the keeper of all tour information and details (so many details)
- Manage all logistics and policies of our Meetup Tours while identifying new opportunities to grow the business
- Assists with developing, planning, and executing organized tours
- Carefully listens to and understands the needs of our travelers, provides them with the best solutions, and proactively follows up when necessary
- Communicates with tour operators/suppliers, arranges and coordinates all logistical details of tours
- Be available/on-call to troubleshoot any emergencies during a tour
- Provides post-tour report for measuring success of experience delivery
- Free and discounted travel. We love to send our team on our tours. Both free and heavily discounted travel opportunities pop up regularly, plus we always take requests!
- Free 24/7 access to WeWork. Think beautifully decorated space with a view, lots of community vibes with other freelancers, cold brew and kombucha on tap, and plenty of space for changes of scenery. Whether you are meeting the team or coming solo, you have access to our private office and WeWorks around the world.
- Awesome performance rewards. From Starbucks treats to free trips to big bonuses, we love to celebrate your wins.
- Opportunity to make a big impact on a highly innovative team. We love big ideas and trying them out. As a small, but amazing, team you have the opportunity to stand out and shine. No big corporation anonymity here.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a strong commitment to exceptional delivery
- Imaginative and inventive, creatively finds new ways, ideas or solutions
- Approaches challenges in a positive and steadfast manner
- Team player, with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the marketing department and company overall
- Entrepreneurial spirit and belief in The Solo Female Traveler Network’s mission
- Must be located in Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Undergraduate degree in Hospitality or Communications preferred
- 1-3 years of experience working in a startup environment or in a role that directly impacted a business’ bottom line
- At least 2 years in a customer service/sales role
- Relevant experience working with a tour company or hospitality is preferred
- Must have strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding proofreading skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines with little supervision or direction
- Must have strong people skills and be willing to work with a wide range of personalities
- Occasional travel may be required
This role is full time with an annual salary between $40,000 and $50,000 depending on experience and related skills. You should come motivated by accomplishment and feel excited to take ownership of this position. We are looking for someone to grow with our organization, and plan to invest the time and resources into the right candidate to help achieve their professional goals.
How to apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please don’t email other addresses you find on our website.
The subject line should be “<the position you are applying for> + <the place you found this job ad>”.
Please be sure to include any samples of your work you may have like IG handles, blogs or websites you contributed to, campaigns you created, etc. This is not required but helpful.