Explore the heartlands of Iceland in this true off-the-beaten path adventure of geysers, volcanos, and geothermal springs.
Listen to tales of the Vikings while gazing at majestic glaciers. See lava that’s still warm after decades and witness the giant Skogafoss and Detifoss waterfalls in all their glory. From soaking in geothermal springs to hiking active volcanos, our loop around Iceland will surely take your breath away.
Share this tour
Hike an active volcano and watch the view with a picnic lunch.
Walk behind Seljalandsfoss Waterfall.
Soak in a cliff-side geothermal sea bath overlooking the ocean.
From April to August, watch Puffin Penguins in their natural habitat.
Float through ice in Glacier Lagoon.
Taste a flight, including seaweed beer, at a local brewery.
Behind the Scenes of this Tour
We love to share our Meetup Tours on social media, and you might already be following us on Instagram. One of our SoFe ambassadors recently went on our Meetup Tour in Iceland and covered the whole experience for us on Instagram. To get a glimpse into what it is really like on our Iceland Meetup Tour, go behind the scenes with our Instagram story highlight!
Get the flavor of the hotels we normally choose in Iceland. From modern and sleek to rural and simple, they are all clean, comfortable, and an experience all on their own. This tour features premium accommodation. It doesn’t necessarily mean luxury in rural Iceland, but it does mean you are staying in the best available, guaranteeing comfort and beauty.
Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon
We love it here for the sleek design, high ceilings, and views for days. Find wildlife and even a waterfall right outside, maybe even out of your window!
This is not your average farm stay. Full of culture, beauty, and simplicity, this is one of the oldest active farms in Iceland, and it’s the perfect place to experience rural life.
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- An experienced local guide
- 9 breakfasts, 5 dinners
- Ground transportation
- Airport pickup on day one
- All entrance fees and activities in the itinerary unless specified as optional
Specific Included Activities:
- Hike to Fagradalsfjall
- Strokkuer Geyser
- Gulfoss Waterfall
- Westman Island ferry
- Westman Island Museum
- Hike on Westman Island
- Beer tasting
- Puffin watching
- Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
- Glacier Lagoon boat ride
- Detifoss Waterfall
- Namaskard Mud Pools
- Myvaten Lake
- Thermal spa experience
- Akureyri walking tour
- Snaefellsjokull Glacier
- Arnastapi Pebble Beach
- Visa fees if applicable
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for guides and drivers
Arrival: Reykjavík–Keflavík Airport (KEF) anytime before 6:00pm on tour start date.
- An airport pick up is included. We have 3 designated pickup times that are chosen based on the group’s arrival details throughout Day 1 of the tour. It is possible you will wait for a few of your fellow travelers before your transfer to our first hotel.
Departure: Reykjavík–Keflavík Airport (KEF) anytime after 10:00am on tour end date.
- A return airport transfer is not included, but we will be happy to help you organize taxis to the airport or wherever your journey takes you next.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot earlier than 60 days before departure, you can apply your payment to any trip within the next year.
- No refunds on deposits.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Last Updated February 28, 2022
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Iceland. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
All COVID-19 measures at the Icelandic border have now ended. There is no longer a requirement for a PCR test to board aircraft, and no testing or quarantine upon arrival. Thereby no COVID-19 prevention measures will be in place at the border, regardless of whether individuals are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
Most countries can enter Iceland for up to 90 days without a visa. Please check the requirements for your country.
- SoFe Travel requires all travelers be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Read more about our Covid policies here.
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
Is this trip right for you?
- The extremity of the weather makes for incredible scenery, but it also means Iceland can be very cold. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions.
- In order to access what’s off the beaten track, a few long drives are in order. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery and spend some time getting to know the other members of your group.
- Iceland can be an expensive destination, especially eating out. All breakfasts and many dinners are included, but she meals may be expensive. We suggest stocking up at the grocery store if food budget is an issue.
Although we jam pack our itinerary with amazing Iceland attractions and activities, we do leave some free time to travel and explore on your own. If you are interested in adding on optional activities, we offer three great excursions which you can reserve in advance during your booking.
If there was one optional excursion you shouldn’t miss, it is the Blue Lagoon. It is one of Iceland’s most famous and iconic attractions. The naturally heated waters are a crystalline blue, perfect for relaxing at the end of your tour. Your spa entrance includes a mud mask!
Head out onto the waters surrounding Iceland’s shores looking for some whales. Humpback whales are the most common whales in Iceland’s waters, but there are occasionally other species as well. This excursion includes a boat ride, sometimes in inclement weather.
For those who love the outdoors and want a true adventure, try hiking on ancient ice with our glacier trek. This is a great work out, and brings you up close and personal with the ice. You’ll be able to see all the ice layers and remnants of previous volcanic eruptions.