Why Travel To India & Sri Lanka?
India and Sri Lanka conjure up visions of romance, spiritual connection, a thrumming patina of people, culture and cuisine enlivened by the very same spices that reshaped the world’s history. Many travelers dream of visiting these two neighbouring, but very different, destinations.
Southern India is known for its beach-bars, lush tea plantations and famous backwaters forming village-dotted islands. We don’t stop there – we travel even further south and explore Sri Lanka! Mystical rock forts, temples, tropical jungles and small seaside towns await on a journey tracing the spice route’s layered influence on architecture and history, yet upholds the culture and identity of a warm, welcoming and deeply religious people today.
Our India & Sri Lanka Meetup Tours
14 Days discovering Northern India
15 Days in Southern India &
Must Eat Dishes
- Murg Makhani: Butter chicken
- Palak paneer: cheese in a rich sauce with spinach, tomatoes, and spices
- Jalebi: fried dough dipped in syrup
- Crab curry: Sri lanka is known for its crabs, and all seafood lovers will need a taste of this melt-in-your-mouth dish
- Kottu: roti with spices, veggies, & meat
- Masala dosa: thin savory pancake stuffed with potatoes & onions
- Sleep under the stars at a luxury camp in the Thar desert
- Experience Taj Mahal at sunrise
- Be invited to a dinner an henna party at a woman’s home
- Spot bison, wild boar & elephants at Periyar National Park
- Go whale and dolphin watching in Mirissa
- Hike Sri Lanka’s Sigiriya Rock Fortress
- Old Delhi
- Classic Jaipur
- Agra – Taj Mahal
- Lush Munnar
- Alleppey, the Venice of the East
- Galle, Sri Lanka
Need to know
Solo Female Travel
Dealing with unwanted attention is, in our opinion, the biggest aspect to look out for as a woman traveling in India. Street harassment like cat calling and stares can be common, and some people mean well but have different sized personal bubbles to what you may be used to. Exercise the same caution and common sense that you would have traveling anywhere on your own. Our guide and leader from our team will help you navigate any discomfort on tour.