In order to gain access to moderator status and join the moderator community, our volunteer community moderators must review and accept the moderator agreement below. If the agreement changes, existing moderators will be required to accept the new terms to maintain their access.
I acknowledge and agree that as a volunteer moderator for The Solo Female Traveler Network Facebook group and sub groups owned by The Solo Female Traveler Network:
- I will abide by the current community guidelines found within the group rules, and enforce it to the best of my ability.
- I will not participate in any discrimination against, any person or group of persons on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, creed, national origin or ancestry.
- I will abide by all other officially announced moderator and user policies made available to me.
- I will accept additional guidance given by members of The Solo Female Traveler Network, Community Team, and Senior Leadership Team, whether in response to questions, concerns or discussions regarding existing network-wide policies.
- I understand that working as part of a team means I may not always agree with final decisions, but if they are ethically or morally questionable to me, I will speak up to the leadership team immediately.
- I grant permission to The Solo Female Traveler Network to contact me about moderator-relevant content during my tenure as a moderator.
Keeping Members' Information Private
I acknowledge that I have access to additional personally-identifying information about The Solo Female Traveler Network users as a moderator. Some of this information may be subject state and federal privacy rules. In connection with my access to and/or use of Moderator-privileged personally identifying information:
- I will use such information solely in accordance with the terms of this moderator agreement and other policies, instructions and procedures Stack Exchange, Inc. provides to moderators.
- I will not disclose or share this information with anyone that is not a moderator or employee of The Solo Female Traveler Network.
- I will not store or copy this information for any reason other than communications with other moderators or employees of The Solo Female Traveler Network.
- I will only use such information in connection with performance as a moderator and for the benefit of The Solo Female Traveler Network.
I am a Volunteer
I acknowledge and agree that I am an independent volunteer moderator for one or more sites operated by The Solo Female Traveler Network and I am not an employee, agent or representative, and I have no authority to bind The Solo Female Traveler Network in any manner and I am solely responsible for my statements and actions. I attest that my statements and posts do not represent the views, opinions or actions of The Solo Female Traveler Network.
The Solo Female Traveler Network reserves the right to suspend or terminate my privileges as a moderator at any time without warning in the event The Solo Female Traveler Network determines I have violated any of these terms or at will. I will be informed via written communication of the specific reason that I have been terminated.
The Solo Female Traveler Network agrees that it will:
- Allow you to resign your position for any reason without penalty or repercussions. As a volunteer, The Solo Female Traveler Network respects your time and will release you from duty should you ask.
- Announce changes to the moderator agreement no less than thirty days before the deadline to accept the new agreement with a period of at least fifteen days for discussion and review.
- Provide support for your questions, requests and concerns on the Moderators Team chat on Facebook, direct Facebook message, and content escalated to staff by whatever formal documented process is in effect at the time.
- Respect your right to speak openly to question and challenge policy without reprisal so long as such speech does not break the Community Guidelines.