Explore the heartlands of Iceland in this true off-the-beaten path adventure of geysers, volcanos, and geothermal springs.
Listen to tales of the Vikings while gazing at majestic glaciers. See lava that’s still warm after decades and witness the giant Skogafoss and Detifoss waterfalls in all their glory. From soaking in geothermal springs to hiking active volcanos, our loop around Iceland will surely take your breath away.
Share this tour
Hike an active volcano and watch the view with a picnic lunch.
Walk behind Seljalandsfoss Waterfall.
Soak in a cliff-side geothermal sea bath overlooking the ocean.
Watch Puffin Penguins in their natural habitat.
Float through ice in Glacier Lagoon.
Taste a flight, including seaweed beer, at a local brewery.
Get the flavor of the hotels we normally choose in Iceland. From modern and sleek to rural and simple, they are all clean, comfortable, and an experience all on their own. This tour features premium accommodation. It doesn’t necessarily mean luxury in rural Iceland, but it does mean you are staying in the best available, guaranteeing comfort and beauty.
Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon
We love it here for the sleek design, high ceilings, and views for days. Find wildlife and even a waterfall right outside, maybe even out of your window!
This is not your average farm stay. Full of culture, beauty, and simplicity, this is one of the oldest active farms in Iceland, and it’s the perfect place to experience rural life.
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- An experienced local guide
- 9 breakfasts, 5 dinners
- Ground transportation
- Airport pickup on day one
- All entrance fees and activities in the itinerary unless specified as optional
Activities and experiences:
Hike to Fagradalsfjall
Westman Island ferry
Westman Island Museum
Hike on Westman Island
Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
Glacier Lagoon boat ride
Namaskard Mud Pools
Thermal spa experience
Akureyri walking tour
Arnastapi Pebble Beach
Airport pick up is included. We have 3 designated pickup times that are chosen based on the group’s arrival details throughout Day 1 of the tour. It is possible you will wait for a few of your fellow travelers before your transfer to our first hotel.
Checkout on Day 10 is at 10am. We will be happy to help you organize taxis to the airport or wherever your journey takes you next.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot earlier than 60 days before departure, you can apply your payment to any trip within the next year.
- No refunds on deposits.
- Visa fees if applicable
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips for guides and drivers
- The extremity of the weather makes for incredible scenery, but it also means Iceland can be very cold. Please bring appropriate clothing for adverse weather conditions.
In order to access what’s off the beaten track, a few long drives are in order. This is a great opportunity to enjoy the scenery and spend some time getting to know the other members of your group.
Iceland can be an expensive destination, especially eating out. All breakfasts and many dinners are included, but she meals may be expensive. We suggest stocking up at the grocery store if food budget is an issue.
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Most countries can enter Iceland for up to 90 days without a visa. Please check the requirements for your country.