Egypt & Morocco
From the ancient pyramids and the Red Sea to rooftops in Marrakech and a city painted blue, this tour covers all the best through magical Morocco and ancient Egypt.
Start in Cairo Egypt temple hopping and eating home-cooked meals to the Red Sea. Hop on a quick flight to Morocco and you will be greeted by rose scented riads before we whisk you through ornate mosques, busy medinas, and desert camps.
Share this tour
Feast on a home cooked meal and dance to traditional music at a Nubian woman’s home.
Lounge on the rooftops of ancient riads soaking up Ingrid Bergman type Moroccan glam
Watch the sun set from a sailboat on the Nile River where we’ll eat, sleep, and watch the stars.
Get a real glimpse into Moroccan life as a woman with female tour guides who share their stories freely
Temple hop through Egypt visiting Luxor Temple, Karnak Temple, and many more.
CAIRO AIRPORT PICKUP
CAIRO GREAT PYRAMIDS
Hurghada to Cairo
On to Morocco!
CASABLANCA TO CHEFCHAOUEN
CHEFCHAOUEN TO VOLUBILIS TO FES
FES TO IFRANE TO MIDELT
MIDELT TO MERZOUGA DESERT
MERZOUGA TO TODRA GORGE TO SKOURA
SKOURA, AIT BENHADDOU TO MARRAKESH
Goodbye for now
Premium accommodation in both countries with a lot of Egyptian and Moroccan flair. Here are a few of our usual hotels to give you an idea of what you can expect when you travel with us.
El Nakil Hotel, Countryside Luxor
Tucked away in the countryside, you will be greeted by smiling locals and waving kids as you make your way to this little hotel. The rooms are simple, but clean and comfortable, the grounds are gorgeous, and the food is some of the best we’ve ever had in Egypt.
Nestled in the mountains just outside Chefchaouen’sblue Medina, it’s a quick walk to the center, yet quiet with the best view around. The restaurant serves home cooked deliciousness and there is a pool overlooking the blue hills of the whole town.
Think moonlit rooftop lounging in the heart of the Medina. Step inside and be taken to another world with the scent of fresh flowers in the air in a riad full of character and luxurious comfort.
- Flight from Cairo to Casablanca
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Local guides
- 15 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 9 Dinners
- Ground transportation
- Airport pickup on day 1 and day 11
- All entrance fees and activities in the itinerary unless specified as optional
Activities and experiences:
Step Pyramid of Saqqara
The Great Pyramids
Mortuary Temple of King Khaefra
Dinner at local Nubian home
Felucca sailboat ride
Kom Ombo Temple
Valley of the Kings
Colossi of Memnon
Mosque of Ibn Tulun
Khan El Khalili Market
Mosque of Hassan II
City of Rabat
Volubilis Roman Ruins
Berber family experience
Medersa Ben Youssef
Jemaa El Fna
We will pick you up from the airport any time on day one after 8am. If fellow travelers arrive around the same time, we’ll bring you to our first hotel together. Your airport pickup in Egypt is with a VIP escort who will take you through your visa purchase, immigration, and baggage claim.
On the last day, checkout if at 11am. We will be happy to help you arrange a ride, maybe share with some fellow travelers.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot earlier than 60 days before departure, you can apply your payment to any trip within the next year.
- No refunds on deposits.
- International airfares to Egypt and from Morocco
- Visa fees ($25 for a visa upon arrival in Egypt)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- Covid PCR test (currently mandatory to enter both countries). We will arrange it for you before transfer to Morocco.
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Is this trip right for you?
- Morocco is a large country with few means of public transportation and airport access. In order to see the best parts, there are some long drives. There are always beautiful views and things to see on the way, but be ready for long drives.
- We will be in some remote corners of the country where public bathrooms are not always very clean and may require a bit of change to use. The facilities in our accommodation are clean and use western toilets, but it won’t always be the case on the road.
- We stay in a lot of unique accommodation, so rooms are not always equal in size or view. We do our best to keep it even throughout the trip, but some may get luckier than others. We guarantee twin beds, but sizes may also vary even between roommates.
Egypt: Most countries are able to visit Egypt with a visa upon arrival. It currently costs $25 (this can change any time without warning).
Morocco: A visa upon arrival for stays less than 90 days is available for many nationalities.
Please check the requirements for your country.