You may dream of Peru for the famous Machu Picchu, but you will fall in love with this country for the warmth of the locals who will welcome you into their homes, home-cooked incredible food, and tell tales of their ancestors, the Incas.
Travel Peru on planes, trains, automobiles, and even boats, experiencing the foodie scene of Cusco and going deep into ancient culture of Uros Floating Islands. Of course, stop for that Insta-worthy shot at Machu Picchu and explore other mystical sites you may not have known existed.
Share this tour
Enjoy a fun evening of a Pisco making tour including Pisco tasting.
Take a beautiful train ride through the lush Andes Mountains.
Visit the breathtaking Machu Picchu ruins with a local guide.
Explore the coastal cities of Lima on a bike tour.
Learn to cook Peruvian food in a cooking class with a local.
See first hand how the Uro tribes of Titicaca Lake live today.
Cusco – Sacred Valley of the Incas
Sacred Valley – Cusco
Cusco – Puno
Extend Your Meetup Tour
You’ve already taken the time off of work, booked your flights and made the effort to get to South America. Why not extend your stay to really maximize your experience in the region?
Have you always wanted to visit the Amazon rainforest or hike Mount Cotopaxi? Now is your chance. This Peru itinerary can be combined with our Ecuador Meetup Tour!
If you’re interested in combined tour options, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for booking assistance and special combined pricing.
Our accommodation is hand-picked to give you the best combination of comfort, location, and style. These are photos from our collection of favorite hotels and feature stays to give you a sense of the accommodation you can expect with us.
Sonesta Posada Del Inca Yucay
This spacious hotel is surrounded by the nature of Lake Titicaca. Spend some evening with your new friends with a cocktail by the fire or read a book in the garden.
Los Portales Hotel
Bright and homey, we love this hotel for the perfect balance between Peruvian warm hospitality and hotel style and amenities. Decorated in great photography and bright colors, it’s also perfectly centrally located.
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Local female guide
- Airport pickup on day one
- 9 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 2 Dinners
- Local transportation
- Domestic flight from Lima to Cusco
- Train tickets to Aguas Calientes
- All entrance fees and activities in the itinerary unless specified as optional
Specific Included Activities:
- Walking Tour of Historic Lima
- Bike rental and guided ride in Lima
- Cusco Walking Tour
- Pisco Making & Tasting Experience
- Coca leaf reading session with shaman
- Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Machu Picchu Guided Visit
- Cooking Class
- Boat Ride and Tour of Lake Titicaca
- International airfares
- Visa fees if applicable
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- Covid PCR test (currently mandatory to enter Peru)
Arrival: Jorge Chavez International Airport (LIM) anytime before 4:00pm on the tour start date.
- We will will have an airport transfer waiting for you at the Lima Airport, when you arrive during the above arrival window. If you arrive a day or two early, an airport transfer is not included.
Please note that the departure airport is different than the arrival airport.
Departure: Inca Manco Capac International Airport (JUL) anytime after 11:00am on tour end date.
- You will be responsible for booking your own domestic flight from JUL back to LIM or other airports, OR you can add it to your invoice as an extra optional service if you prefer SoFe to book it on your behalf.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot earlier than 60 days before departure, you can apply your payment to any trip within the next year.
- No refunds on deposits.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Last updated April 15, 2022
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Peru. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
- All travelers to Peru must fill out this compulsory check-in form within 1 week of your flight. Once you have filled out this form, please download and print off the confirmation email. You will be required to show this at the airport.
- The Peruvian government requires people to present their vaccination card to enter restaurants, museums, and public spaces. Please keep physical or digital proof of your vaccination on you at all times.
- Mask wearing indoors in Peru is compulsory and will be enforced, even if you are fully vaccinated. The Peruvian government requires medical masks, including N95, FPP2 and standard medical masks. Please bring several with you as you will be required to wear them when inside.
People from most countries in the Americas and Western Europe do not need a tourist visa to enter Peru. Check your country’s entry requirements.
- SoFe Travel requires all travelers be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Read more about our Covid policies here.
- The itinerary is subject to change for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
Behind the Scenes of this Tour
We love to share our Meetup Tours on social media, and you might already be following us on Instagram. One of our SoFe ambassadors recently went on our Meetup Tour in Peru and covered the whole experience for us on Instagram. To get a glimpse into what it is really like on our Peru Meetup Tour, go behind the scenes with our Instagram story highlight!