Jordan & Egypt
With ancient temples, mystic tales, and golden desert sunsets this Jordan and Egypt adventure will turn you into a story teller.
From under a million stars in Petra to floating above the lowest point on earth at The Dead Sea, we will make our way to the Great Pyramids, mystical temples, and the bright blue beauty of The Red Sea.
Share this tour
Spend an afternoon with a female shepherd and her flock.
Sleep in a luxury tent under the stars in Wadi Rum.
Float in the Dead Sea.
Watch the sun set from a traditional Felucca sailboat on the Nile River
Feast on a home cooked Nubian meal on the Nile’s West Bank.
Wander through Egypt’s most famous ancient temples
ARRIVAL IN AMMAN
AMMAN TO PETRA
Bedouin Life at Petra
WADI RUM TO DEAD SEA
Goodbye Jordan. Hello Egypt!
CAIRO GREAT PYRAMIDS
Floating on the Nile
Hurghada to Cairo
Saying Farewell, for now
Our accommodation is hand-picked to give you the best combination of comfort, location, and style. These are photos from our collection of favorite hotels and resorts to give you a sense of the accommodation you can expect with us.
Hasan Zawaideh Camp
Surrounded by sand dunes, this glamp site is the perfect spot to see the stars and experience Bedouin hospitality. Each tent has a private bathroom and AC.
Steigenberger Tahrir Square
Offering a delicious breakfast, a bar inside, and a central location in the heart of the city, the Steigenberger Hotel will serve as your home base in the bustling city of Cairo.
Desert Rose All-Inclusive Resort
Located right next to the Red Sea, this resort features several different restaurants, a full-service spa, multiple bars + entertainment areas, three swimming pools to choose from, and more. This oasis will give you the repireve and relaxation you need after a busy Meetup Tour in Egypt.
- Airport pickup in Amman
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Certified Egyptologist Guide
- 17 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 10 dinners
- Flight from Jordan to Egypt
- Domestic flight from Cairo to Aswan
- Local transportation
Specific Activity Inclusions
- Amman Citadel, and Qasr Al-Bint
- Cooking Class
- Petra Entrance Fee
- Women’s Co-Op + Association Visit
- Dead Sea Resort Experience
- Step Pyramid of Saqqara
- The Great Pyramids
- The Sphinx
- Egyptian Museum
- Mosque of Ibn Tulun
- Khan El Khalili Market
- Philae Temple
- Felucca sailboat ride
- Karnak Temple
- Luxor Temple
- Valley of the Kings
- Valley of the Queens
- Hatshepsut Temple
- Colossi of Memnon
- International airfares
- Visa fees if applicable
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- Covid PCR test, currently mandatory to enter Jordan and Egypt. We will arrange your test to enter Egypt.
- Any optional activities
- Any meals not listed in itinerary
Arrival: Anytime between 8:00am and 6:00pm on tour start date at Queen Alia International Airport (code: AMM)
- We will will have a VIP airport transfer waiting for you at the Amman Airport, when you arrive during the above arrival window. The transfer will take you from the airport to our group hotel in Amman. If fellow travelers arrive around the same time, we’ll bring you to the hotel together.
Departure: After 10:00am on tour end date from Cairo International Airport (code: CAI)
- Please note: SoFe will help travelers leaving Egypt secure a PCR test appointment, as needed. Currently, appointments are scheduled in the afternoon of day 10. If you leave before 10:00am on day 11, your PCR test results may not be ready in time. Please book your flight according to the times above.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot earlier than 60 days before departure, you can apply your payment to any trip within the next year.
- No refunds on deposits.
On rare occasions, any domestic flight that we include in this trip may be changed or canceled with little notice. Remember, we cannot control the decisions that airlines make, so sometimes amendments will need to be made to our mode of transportation. Rest assured that if this happens, we will still get you to your destination. Part of the unique experience of traveling in any form is having the flexibility and grace to embrace detours
Most countries, including the USA, are able to visit Jordan and Egypt with a tourist visa upon arrival. In fact, we recommend getting the visa on arrival because the process is straightforward and fast.
When our group transfers to Egypt, our airport escort will walk you through the entire process. All you need to get an Egyptian visa on arrival is your passport, $25 USD in cash, and your negative COVID test.
If you are not a US passport holder, please check to be sure your country qualifies for a visa upon arrival, but the majority of them do.
Last updated May 11, 2022
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Egypt. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
- All travelers entering Egypt must fill out the digital health certificate form. Once you have filled this out, you will be emailed a QR code which you will show to the airlines during check in.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are not required to take Covid test prior to departure SO LONG AS they have a digital copy of their vaccine certification with a scannable QR code. Your vaccine must be one of the approved vaccines below. Here is a guide for assistance in converting your vaccine card to a QR code.
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Sputnik V
- If you do not have a scannable QR code showing your vaccine certificate or you have a vaccine not approved in Egypt, then you must be in possession of a negative Covid-19 PCR test. You must take the test within 72 hours of your flight departure time.
- Mask wearing indoors in Egypt is currently mandatory. The Egyptian government requires medical masks, including N95, FPP2 and standard medical masks. Please bring several as you may be required to wear them when inside.
Last Updated May 11, 2022
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Jordan. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
- It is no longer required to bring a negative PCR test from the country of departure nor upon arrival to Jordan.
- All travelers to Jordan must fill out this compulsory check-in form, where you will be required to attach your negative PCR test results. Once you submit this form, you will be emailed a QR code, which you will need to show when checking into your flight and going through customs.
- SoFe Travel requires all travelers be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Read more about our Covid policies here.
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Is this tour right for you?
There is a lot of walking around the sights, some in the shade and some in full sun, please bring comfortable shoes and a hat to make the most of your time at the sights.
The weather can be quite extreme, from very hot in summer to cool in winter, please check the weather conditions for when you travel.
Although we jam pack our itinerary with amazing Egypt attractions and sightseeing, we do leave some free time to travel and explore on your own. If you are interested in adding on optional activities, we offer three great excursions which you can reserve in advance during your booking.
If there was one optional excursion you shouldn’t miss, it is Abu Simbel! These two massive rock-cut temples were cut into a mountainside by ancient Egyptians. The towering statues of Rames II are incredible to behold.
Departure time: 4:30am
Sunrise Hot Air Balloon
For an experience unlike any others, admire the ancient temples of Luxor from the air with a hot air balloon ride. You’ll appreciate stunning mountain and Nile views while the warm sunrise colors create lovely ambiance to start your day.
Departure time: 4:30am
Snorkel or Scuba
One of the world’s most renowned places for scuba diving and snorkeling is the Red Sea, thanks to it’s abundant and colorful coral reefs. This half-day excursion is open to beginners and includes two dive locations.
Departure time: 8:00am
What our travelers say
This tour was epic in every way
“This was my 2nd solo trip with SoFe. I initially went to Bali and because that tour was so good I decided to go to Egypt meetup and I am so happy that I did. This tour was EPIC. I am even planning on going on this same tour again to experience it all over again!” Aihee R. | Egypt, December 2019
ABOVE AND BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS
“My favorite part of this Meetup Tour was meeting local people and doing projects with them. We painted pottery and did little mosaics, while talking to them about their life. It felt like we really got to know the culture and being able to relate with other women” Debbie, Jordan + Egypt December 2021
The Egypt SoFe trip was life-changing.
“The Egypt SoFe trip was life-changing, truly! From our amazing egyptologist guide to the sites and wonders of Egypt, and the amazing women that I got to meet, it was extraordinary. The experiences shared and the memories made are unparalleled and will hold a place in my heart forever. Thank you SoFe Traveler Network.” Darlyne, Egypt June 2019