Egypt & Morocco
From the ancient pyramids and the Red Sea to rooftops in Marrakech and a city painted blue, this tour covers all the best through magical Morocco and ancient Egypt.
Start in Cairo Egypt temple hopping and eating home-cooked meals to the Red Sea. Hop on a quick flight to Morocco and you will be greeted by rose scented riads before we whisk you through ornate mosques, busy medinas, and desert camps.
Share this tour
Feast on a home cooked Nubian meal on the Nile’s West Bank.
Lounge on the rooftops of ancient riads soaking up Ingrid Bergman type Moroccan glam
Watch the sun set from a sailboat on the Nile River where we’ll eat, sleep, and watch the stars.
Get a real glimpse into Moroccan life as a woman with female tour guides who share their stories freely
Wander through Egypt’s most famous ancient temples
CAIRO AIRPORT PICKUP
CAIRO GREAT PYRAMIDS
Floating on the Nile
Hurghada to Cairo
On to Morocco!
CASABLANCA TO CHEFCHAOUEN
CHEFCHAOUEN TO VOLUBILIS TO FES
FES TO IFRANE TO MIDELT
MIDELT TO MERZOUGA DESERT
MERZOUGA TO TODRA GORGE TO SKOURA
SKOURA, AIT BENHADDOU TO MARRAKESH
Goodbye for now
Our accommodation is hand-picked to give you the best combination of comfort, location, and style. These are photos from our collection of favorite hotels and resorts to give you a sense of the accommodation you can expect with us.
El Nakil Hotel, Countryside Luxor
Tucked away in the countryside, you will be greeted by smiling locals and waving kids as you make your way to this little hotel. The rooms are simple, but clean and comfortable, the grounds are gorgeous, and the food is some of the best we’ve ever had in Egypt.
Nestled in the mountains just outside Chefchaouen’sblue Medina, it’s a quick walk to the center, yet quiet with the best view around. The restaurant serves home cooked deliciousness and there is a pool overlooking the blue hills of the whole town.
Think moonlit rooftop lounging in the heart of the Medina. Step inside and be taken to another world with the scent of fresh flowers in the air in a riad full of character and luxurious comfort.
- Flight from Cairo to Casablanca
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Local guides
- 15 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 9 Dinners
- Ground transportation
- Airport pickup on day 1 and day 11
- All entrance fees and activities in the itinerary unless specified as optional
Specific Included Activities:
- Step Pyramid of Saqqara
- The Great Pyramids & Sphinx
- Mortuary Temple of King Khaefra
- Philae Temple
- Felucca sailboat ride
- Kom Ombo Temple
- Karnak Temple & Luxor Temple
- Valley of the Kings & Queens
- Hatshepsut Temple
- Egyptian Museum
- Mosque of Ibn Tulun
- Khan El Khalili Market
- Mosque of Hassan II
- City of Rabat Tour
- Oudaya Kasbah
- Rif Mountains
- Volubilis Roman Ruins
- Moulay Idriss
- Atlas Mountains
- Kasbah Meryem
- Ziz Valley
- Berber family experience
- Bivouac Camp
- Camel Trek
- Todra Gorge
- Cooking class
- Ait Benhaddou
- Bahia Palace
- Koutoubia Mosque
- Medersa Ben Youssef
- Jemaa El Fna
- International airfares to Egypt and from Morocco
- Visa fees ($25 for a visa upon arrival in Egypt)
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- Covid PCR test (currently mandatory to enter both countries). We will arrange it for you before transfer to Morocco.
Arrival: Cairo International Airport (CAI) anytime before 6:00pm on tour start date
- We will will have a VIP airport transfer waiting for you at the Cairo International Airport, when arrive during the above arrival window. The transfer will take you from the airport to our group hotel in Cairo.
- If you arrive a day or two early, the airport transfer is not included. Please email us directly if you book flights outside this window so we can assist with the procedure.
Please note the arrival airport is different than the departure airport.
Departure: Marrakesh Menara Airport (RAK) anytime after 11:00am on tour end date
- SoFe will help travelers leaving Morocco secure a PCR test appointment, as needed, per current USA entry requirements
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot earlier than 60 days before departure, you can apply your payment to any trip within the next year.
- No refunds on deposits.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Last updated May 11, 2022
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Egypt. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
- All travelers entering Egypt must fill out the digital health certificate form. Once you have filled this out, you will be emailed a QR code which you will show to the airlines during check in.
- Fully vaccinated travelers are not required to take Covid test prior to departure SO LONG AS they have a digital copy of their vaccine certification with a scannable QR code. Your vaccine must be one of the approved vaccines below. Here is a guide for assistance in converting your vaccine card to a QR code.
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
- Moderna (Spikevax)
- Sputnik V
- If you do not have a scannable QR code showing your vaccine certificate or you have a vaccine not approved in Egypt, then you must be in possession of a negative Covid-19 PCR test. You must take the test within 72 hours of your flight departure time.
- Mask wearing indoors in Egypt is currently mandatory. The Egyptian government requires medical masks, including N95, FPP2 and standard medical masks. Please bring several as you may be required to wear them when inside.
Last updated May 11, 2022
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Morocco. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
- All people entering Morocco must present their original Covid-19 vaccination card AND a negative PCR test result, taken within 48 hours before the flight.
- All people entering Morocco must fill out this health form AND print off a copy. You will be asked to provide this to airline staff members at check in.
- You may be asked to complete a rapid tests at the airport in Casablanca. These are chosen at random.
- Medical masks are still required in Morocco, although enforcement is somewhat lax. Please bring several medical masks with you.
Egypt: Most countries, including the USA, are able to get a visa upon arrival to Egypt. In fact, we recommend getting it on arrival because the process is straightforward and fast. With the VIP service that we have arranged for our travelers, our airport escort will walk you through the entire process.
- All you need to get an Egyptian visa on arrival is your passport, $25 USD in cash, and your negative COVID test. The rest is super simple. If you are not a US passport holder, please check to be sure your country qualifies for a visa upon arrival, but the majority of them do.
Morocco: US citizens traveling to Morocco for tourism or other short-term purposes are not required to get a visa. US citizens, along with several other nationalities, are exempt from Morocco visas and can visit the country with just their passport and a return flight ticket for up to 90 days.
- SoFe Travel requires all travelers be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Read more about our Covid policies here.
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Is this trip right for you?
- Egypt and Morocco are a large countries with few means of public transportation and airport access. In order to see the best parts, there are some long drives. There are always beautiful views and things to see on the way, but be ready for long drives.
- We will be in some remote corners of the country where public bathrooms are not always very clean and may require a bit of change to use. The facilities in our accommodation are clean and use western toilets, but it won’t always be the case on the road.
- We stay in a lot of unique accommodation, so rooms are not always equal in size or view. We do our best to keep it even throughout the trip, but some may get luckier than others. We guarantee twin beds, but sizes may also vary even between roommates.
Although we jam pack our itinerary with amazing Egypt attractions and sightseeing, we do leave some free time to travel and explore on your own. If you are interested in adding on optional activities, we offer three great excursions which you can reserve in advance during your booking.
If there was one optional excursion you shouldn’t miss, it is Abu Simbel! These two massive rock-cut temples were cut into a mountainside by ancient Egyptians. The towering statues of Rames II are incredible to behold.
Departure time: 4:30am
Sunrise Hot Air Balloon
For an experience unlike any others, admire the ancient temples of Luxor from the air. You’ll appreciate stunning mountain and Nile views while the warm sunrise colors create lovely ambiance to start your day.
Departure time: 4:30am
Snorkel or Scuba
One of the world’s most renowned places for scuba diving and snorkeling is the Red Sea, thanks to it’s abundant and colorful coral reefs. This half-day excursion is open to beginners and includes two dive locations.
Departure time: 8:00am
What our travelers say
This tour was epic in every way
“This was my 2nd solo trip with SoFe. I initially went to Bali and because that tour was so good I decided to go to Egypt meetup and I am so happy that I did. This tour was EPIC. I am even planning on going on this same tour again to experience it all over again!” Aihee R. | Egypt & Bali
This trip was everything and more
“I’m 100% going to book another trip, although this one will be hard to beat. This trip was everything and more I could ever ask for. I saw places I only ever saw in photos, experienced “Egyptian Hospitality” first hand, had stereotypes of the middle east shattered, watched the sunrise over the Sahara, swam in the Nile AND the Red Sea, and danced to the sound of Nubian drums on a felucca at sunset on the Nile. How could a girl ever ask for more? This trip was the perfect blend of history and education, culture, great food, bucket list items completed, and topped off with even better company.” Dani B. | Egypt
The Egypt SoFe trip was life-changing.
“The Egypt SoFe trip was life-changing, truly! From our amazing egyptologist guide, Sameh, to the sites and wonders of Egypt, and the amazing women that I got to meet and travel with, it was extraordinary. The experiences shared and the memories made are unparalleled and will hold a place in my heart forever. Thank you SoFe Traveler Network.” Darlyne M. | Egypt