Costa Rica Meetup Tour
We’ll explore off-the-beaten-path corners of the jungle and have beaches all to ourselves. Sloths, monkeys, toucans, and all kinds of wildlife will surely come say hello as you swing in your hammock with nothing more strenuous on the agenda than sipping fresh fruit juice.
The adventure starts in the Osa Peninsula where you’ll explore the jungle with our ecologist guide. We’ll sail through the gulf stopping to snorkel and play with the dolphins on our way to Pavones, a little known beach paradise.
Share this tour
It’s turtle season! Meet the ecologists protecting working year round to protect them.
Learn to surf with our team of women instructors for a 2 on 1 lesson
Dolphin watch and snorkel on a boat tour across the gulf
Visit a women only co-op restaurant, an important community project.
Learn to make chocolate and coconut milk with women from the local village
Relax for an afternoon painting class with a licensed art therapist
Chocolate and Coconut Milk
On this trip you will get both jungle lodge vibes as well as modern beachfront luxury. Here are a couple of the accommodations we use to give you a sense of the places you will stay when you travel to Costa Rica with us.
You don’t have to go far from your room to witness some of Osa Peninsula’s most amazing wildlife. There is a chemical free pool, tennis courts, a spa, award-winning restaurant, and hammocks galore to laze about in nature.
After a day of trekking through the jungle and soaking up some sun on the beach, we love to come home to the modern luxury of these condos. They are spacious, clean, bright, and just steps from the ocean, jungle, and the river.
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Ecologist guide
- Most meals, according to the itinerary
- Local transportation
- Airport pickup on day 1
- All entrance fees and activities in the itinerary unless specified as optional
Arrival: Puerto Jimenez Airport
Departure: Golfito Airport
Both are domestic airstrips that have daily flights from San Jose and Libera International Airports. If you need help booking your flights, our partners can arrange it for you at no additional charge.
Airport pick up is included on day 1 according to your arrival time.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot with 45 days notice before departure, you can apply your payment to any other trip.
- No refunds on deposits.
- Visa fees if applicable
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions. The turtle experience, especially, could change depending on the season and best sightings.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- Our first accommodation is cooled by fans, not air conditioning.
- Bed sizes and room types sometimes vary greatly between travelers. You are guaranteed a twin bed in a shared room and a queen in a private room. Since we are not staying in cookie cutter hotels, some rooms are smaller and simpler than others. We aim to make it as fair as possible, but a positive attitude will make your trip even better.
Most countries do not need a visa to enter Costa Rica. Please check your own country requirements or ask us for some help!
What our travelers say
Best chance to get to know people in the network!
“I joined the SoFe Network on Facebook 3 years ago but joined the membership because I wanted to interact with people without the weirdness of Facebook social boundaries. It absolutely worked, and I’ve made so many friends and been on quite a few zoom events. The events are amazing, the people are amazing, best chance to get to know people in the network!” Kirsten | Membership
One of the best trips I’ve ever been on.
“I had always wanted to go to Morocco but I was hesitant to go alone which normally I have no problem doing. I saw this trip advertised on the Solo Female Traveler Network Facebook page and the more I looked into it the more I wanted to go. So I did..and let me tell you that it was one of the best trips I’ve ever been on…seriously.” Jennifer H. | Morocco
So much more than a tour.
“I have been on three tours with these ladies, and I can not even explain how amazing my experiences have been. It’s so much more than just a tour. I have made life-long friends who understand my wanderlust, met local people who taught me the warmth and kindness of the places we’ve visited, and I have left feeling empowered to travel more.” Megan S. | Bali