Colombia is the perfect trip to spice up your life. From local savory snacks and rich Colombian coffee to vividly colorful streets that come alive at night.
We will experience all of Colombia’s best. We’ll hike in green, lush coffee regions, explore the Rosario Islands to see the true blue waters. We will even learn about the local women of the Zenu tribe.
Our adventure starts and ends with the tastiest restaurants in Colombia making this trip the perfect place for a foodie to be. From small plates, coffee, beer tasting and rum tasing, you will not be disappointed on this Colombia Meetup Tour.
Share this tour
Try your hand at Colombia’s national sport, Tejo, an explosive throwing game
Marvel at stunning street art murals
Dinner at El Cielo in Bogotá, named one of the 50 best restaurants in the world
Hike in Cocora Valley, Coffee Region
Learn every step of the coffee making process from bean to cup
Sample the Caribbean’s most famous liquor at a Rum distillery in Cartagena
Arrival in Bogotá
Bogotá Foodie Day
Salento + Coffee Region
Cocora Valley Hike
Coffee Tasting and Cooking Class
Cartagena’s Old City
Indigenous Heritage in Cartagena
Colombia is known for its local owned accommodation, and we have chosen places with lots of character, color, and of course comfort. Here are a couple of the hotels we use to give you a sense of the types of places you will stay when you travel to Colombia with us.
Salento Real Hotel
Bright, colorful, brimming with fresh flowers outside, this is a small, sweet hotel with a homey feel and comfortable, spacious rooms. There is a delicious restaurant inside cooking traditional meals prepared with local, fresh ingredients.
Hotel 3 Banderas
Restored meticulously to its original colonial construction, this hotel blends right into the historic streets of Cartagena’s Old City. It’s interior features two lush garden patios, a rooftop pool and terrace, while its front door delivers you right into the heart of Cartagena de Indias and all of its best restaurants and attractions.
- Accommodation in twin rooms
- Domestic Flights in Colombia
- 9 Breakfasts
- 4 Lunches
- 3 Dinner
- Local transportation
- Airport pickup on day 1
- All entrance fees and activities in the itinerary unless specified as optional
Specific Activity Inclusions:
- Dinner at El Cielo World Top 50 restaurant
- Bogota Food Tour
- Beer + Tejo experience
- Coffee plantation tour + tasting
- Cocora Valley Hike Wax
- Rum Tasting
- Ninha Weaving Workshop
- Cartagena Walking Tour
- Speedboat Ride to Bedita beach + Rosario islands
- Visa fees if applicable
- Travel insurance (mandatory)
- Airport drop off
- PCR or Covid test(s)
- Tips for guide, drivers, etc
ARRIVAL: You should arrive in Bogota (airport code BOG) on the tour start date before 8:00pm.
- Your program fee includes an airport pick up regardless of what time you arrive on the tour start date. If you plan on arriving a day or two early, the airport transfer is not included. Please let us know if you need early services, and we can add them onto your invoice.
DEPARTURE: You should depart Cartagena (airport code CTG) on the tour end date after 10:00am.
- You will be responsible for organizing your own transportation to the airport or onward travel arrangements. A return transfer is not provided.
- A deposit of $500 is required to hold your spot.
- Final payment is due 60 days before departure.
- Pay as much as often as you like until the due date.
- If you cancel your spot with 45 days notice before departure, you can apply your payment to any other trip.
- No refunds on deposits.
Last Updated December 2021
These are the most current Covid regulations that we have for Colombia. Keep in mind these may change on short notice, so please be alert for more communication from SoFe.
- The Colombian government requires people to present their vaccination card to enter restaurants, museums, and public spaces. Please keep physical or digital proof of your vaccination on you at all times.
- Mask wearing indoors in Colombia is compulsory and will be enforced, even if you are fully vaccinated. The Colombian government requires medical masks, including N95, FPP2 and standard medical masks. Please bring several with you as you will be required to wear them when inside.
- All travelers to Colombia must fill out this compulsory check-in form within 48 hours before both your arrival + departure flight. Once you have filled out this form, please download the confirmation email. You may be required to show this at migration control in Colombia.
All U.S. citizens who do not also hold Colombian citizenship must present a valid U.S. passport to enter and leave Colombia. U.S. citizens do not need a Colombian visa for a tourist or business stay of 90 days or less or for cumulative stays of 180 days or less per calendar year.
For non-US passport holders, please check this list to verify the process for your country.
- The itinerary is subject to change due for any reason – weather, unexpected cancellations, impromptu local opportunities, or surprise additions.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is mandatory or you may be refused to join the tour. See our guide for help choosing a plan.
- All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
- The tour begins in Bogotá and ends in Cartagena.
What our travelers say
My second tour with SoFe!
“SoFe’s preparations prior to the trip were excellent and it was very helpful in getting ready for Colombia. I loved the food + graffiti tour in Bogota, as well as seeing the wax palms in the Cocora Valley. Also visiting the coffee farm and the cooking session was a highlight!” Selese, December 2021
Obsessed with Colombia
“This was my 3rd solo trip with SoFe, and just like all the others, this tour was AMAZING! Our guide Linda is basically my best friend now. I’m obsessed with her and can’t wait to go back to Colombia.” Kylee, December 2021
Unique and Fun Experience
“Linda, our local guide was fantastic. Everyone on the Meetup Tour was lovely too. I really loved the convenience of having all the transportation and itinerary handled by SoFe. Salento was really pretty, and my favorite place we visited on this itinerary” Laura, December 2021